Hampton Loade train line station is a station on the Severn Valley Railway heritage line, near to the hamlet of Hampton on the western bank of the Stream Severn ; Hampton Loade itself is on the eastern bank, and might be reached by the Hampton Loade Ferry across the brook.
The Brief History of Loade Station:-
Hampton Loade station was first opened in 1862.After opening, the station possessed just one siding on the eastern side, the passing-loop and 2nd platform being added in 1883. The platforms at Hampton Loade can accommodate only 4 coaches at one point though plans have been mooted to increase them. Trade at Hampton Loade was sometimes quiet, with many business being from fishermen.
Following closure by English Rail in 1963, all signalling hardware was removed from Hampton Loade, and the signal box was, nearly, absolutely demolished. Although accidentally thought by some individuals to have once been closed as a part of the Beeching axe in 1963 its planned closure pre-dated his report. From 1970 to 1974, Hampton Loade was the southern station of the SVR, just four miles from Bridgnorth. Though at the time the SVR was claimed to go from "somewhere" to "nowhere" the station was an old fashioned and peaceful place to finish services. When preservationists first appeared at Hampton Loade from Bridgnorth, signalling was reinstated as a concern during the beginning.
A bequest of Hampton Loade's previous guise as the SVR's southern station is the now barely used down beginning signal at the northerly end of the up platform, but the signal is still used during galas and other specialised activities,such as the railways Swinging 60s weekend, if a Hampton Loade-Bridgnorth shuttle is operating. Hampton Loade station remains the home of Barry Railway coach 163 undergoing restoration for well over a decade.An 1895 6-wheel, five compartment first and second class composite built at Ashburys in Manchester, it was ditched at Swindon on Sat. twenty-four Nov 1928, (at that point the Great Western Railway would write off its account assets on Saturdays).
The body went to the Clent Hills near Birmingham turning into a vacation home, where it stayed till 1992. Re-wheeled onto a four wheel ex-Southern Railway Van C underframe on sixteen Aug 2003 some seventy five years after being dumped, it's been in the final stages of restoration back to its opulent Barry Railway condition for one or two years. Standing on an isolated section of track it isn't presently thought to be resident on the SVR correct.